System requirements are not just applicable to some games; these are part of every game. There is no game that exists today that does not have any system requirement for the computer to properly run the game. Aside from that, almost all game requirements are considerably on the part of the hardware device that a gamer must possess.
Video games have lesser system requirements or hardware device requirements because these games are preset to a certain device that is constantly made. Or it can be better said that game programmers adapt with the present hardware device or known as the console that their game can play with.
Other video game makers make their own video game consoles which lessen the requirements of the system that is to needed to play the game. However, games cannot be regulated in the sense that only those game console makers are allowed to make game programs. There is no law that rules over the regulation of game production in that matter. There are plenty of independent game makers that are not connected, whether in part or in whole, with big game console producers. These game makers just depend on the mainstream hardware device that can be used for their game.
The most common hardware that is being used to play with certain games is the personal computer. However, there are plenty of versions and specifications that are present nowadays that a personal computer may have. You may find different makes and capacity of processors, video cards, sound cards, RAM, etc. in the market. These specifications are very helpful in thinking what your computer may do for you.
All games have their own system requirements. These specifications are required to attain a good sound, good video output and good playing output for the player. When one or several requirements are not met, chances are that the player will never enjoy the game to its fullest capacity. Just imagine playing a game with a choppy computer, or with a very poor sound, or even unrealistic display, surely one will never be happy with the game.
One of the games that may require special specification to the user is the Da Vinci Code. This game was inspired by the book and the movie that was shown early this year. This game is about Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu’s quest for answers on the secrets of the Priory of Sion and other sects. Their quest was later situated in the game of death when they discover a very critical secret which can possibly ruin the Catholic faith.
The system requirement of the Da Vinci Code game is primarily applicable to personal computers. The basic system requirements are the ones being given ceiling.
Here are the system requirements for the game Da Vinci Code:
• Processor – the speed of the processor that is required to play this game is 1.8 GHz. The make is no longer important but the one made by Pentium is more advisable. The speed of the processor is the one that will determine how fast your computer will be able to execute any command from the game. This will be responsible for sending and accepting data coming from the user. The Da Vinci Code game requires speeds like this because the visual display and other feature of this game are really high.
• Environment – this game can run on Windows 2000, Windows XP or any higher environment available.
• RAM – the requirement of this game for RAM is as high as 512MB. This memory is used to temporarily store data that will be sent to the processor. The faster the RAM the faster the processor will execute.
• Disc Space – for a better gaming experience, the Da Vinci Cod Game requires 3GB hard disc space. Too large for a normal computer disc space but just perfect to play Da Vinci Code game.
• Video Card – for a good resolution of graphics, the game needs a 64MB DirectX 9c compatible graphics card.
• CD-ROM – the game requires the average speed of the CD-ROM that equals to 6X. However, the game prefers the user to use a DVD-ROM instead.
In the game, there are places included that are not stated in the book nor in the movie. The player is going to solve meta puzzles and decipher codes from a cryptex. There are 90 levels that a player must finish. If your computer meets or exceeds the requirements, then you will have a better operation of the game allowing you to fully enjoy every aspect of it.
Finding the Best Video Game System
Technology never ceases to amaze everyone with the great developments being done every single day. The expansion of technology is far beyond the ability of the mind to imagine. Comparing the past decade to now, there are a lot of developments and improvements in terms of technology, that would have seemed impossible then. Before, cellular phones existed only for the sake of communication, but today these tools can even be used for other things like photo capturing, music playing, voice recording, etc.
The most anticipated invention that was ever invented by kids and kids at heart is the video game. There are also so many versions of games that can be found in the market. The desire of the people to have something to do during leisure time prompted other people to conceptualize and finally invent indoor electronic games. Video game keeps on innovating and its peripherals and other devices used in these games are also being developed and improved as time goes by.
Video game systems are the hardware devices that are being used to play the games. Video games systems are also known as video game consoles. Consoles, basically, are compatible with any other game that manufacturers come up to widen their market. However, because of the heavy demand of consumers in the market, console makers and software or game programmers tie up to come up with a perfect combination of their products to sell. There are consoles though that is universal in the sense that it can play at least all programmed games available in the market.
In the past years, plenty of game system developers introduced their own video game systems. These systems have different specifications and have unique abilities in the aspect of computer gaming. Plus, every maker has their own distinct abilities and design that they apply to their product.
Because of this enormity of factors to consider, gamers and consumers are left with only one question in their mind: What will I buy? And what is the best for me? For many, these questions are so hard to answer especially if they do not have enough idea of the video game systems available. So, answering these kinds of questions do not just require asking or talking to other people but as well as having your own personal research.
There are considerations to take in choosing the best video game console for you. A game console can never be regarded as the best by any other person except by yourself. Products like video game systems are not directly related to what you want and what you are satisfied with and not by what they can give you, although the specification of a certain device is a big factor for your satisfaction. To help you in choosing the best video game, here are some things to do in finding and choosing the best video game system:
• Know what you want first. As stated above, what satisfies you is something that only you can answer. The video game system that you must choose must be something you like and according to how you know your self and your desires, and not just because it is something that your friend has. Your friend might have different expectations in a video game system but it helps if you see their first to know if you like it.
• Take the endeavor seriously. Choosing a video game system is just like choosing what car you would want to drive. Check everything, whether your prospect video game system can really give you the best output, like in the audio, the resolution of the video, the gamepad, etc.
• Search for video game consoles on the Internet. There are plenty of product makers that post their products on the Internet.
• Consider those video game systems that are made by known console makers around the world. This will not just give you the best quality there is, but it can also help you adjust whenever these companies make improvements to their products. In gaming, compatibility is an important factor to consider.
• Think about what other things would you like your video game system to do for you. Does it offer add-on peripherals? Gamepads must also be comfortable to handle.
Best video game systems can be made best only if your expectations are fully met. Choosing such a device is primarily dependent on characteristics that your video game system must possess.
On April 26, 2006, Nintendo’s addition to their line up of video game system is the Nintendo Wii system, formerly codenamed “Revolution”. Nintendo had expressed “wii” represents the answer to their idea of a video game system – something that breaks down the walls between video game players and those who deem video games as uninteresting and too complicated.
Nintendo on their Wii system (“wii” is read as “we”), would like to emphasize that the console is made for everyone else around the world, whatever tongue people speak and whether they’re video gamers or not. Nintendo’s video game guru Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed that the unveiling of the “Revelation” will be in E3 2006. The Nintendo wii system comes with a remote that can manipulate movements in the video game “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess” such as the bow and arrow, throwing the boomerang, as well as other actions thanks to the motion-sensor.
In a policy briefing on June 7, 2006, Nintendo revealed its plans of releasing six million console units as well as 17 million software units in the fiscal year that ends March 31, 2007. Included in this are more than four million console units that intend to ship towards the end of 2006.
The Nintendo Wii system was officially launched on November 14, 2006, in North America and along that are 21 titles that were released on that same day, while 12 more games are scheduled for release in 2006. Together with the console package in everywhere else including Japan is Wii sports.
Here are game titles together with the release of the Nintendo Wii system: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Cars, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Need for Speed: Carbon, Red Steel, Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam, Wii Play, Call of Duty 3, GT Pro Series, Madden NFL 07, Monster 4×4 World Circuit, Rayman Raving Rabbids, SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, and Wii sports.
The Nintendo Wii system measures only 44mm wide, 157 mm tall, and 215.4 mm deep. If you’d like a comparison, stacking three standard DVD cases can give you an approximate size of the Nintendo Wii system. It’s 1.74 kg weight makes this the lightest console yet compared with its counterparts. The console can take in 12cm game discs specified for the wii system The console is available in silver, white, black, red, and lime green colors, however, the initially available color in the market is white.
In case you’re wondering what is inside the package of the Nintendo wii system, it includes a stand for the console to be positioned vertically, a circular clear stabilizer, the console itself, as mentioned a “wii” remote, a Nunchuk attachment, a stand for the sensor bar that is removable, a sensor bar, an external main power adapter, two AA batteries, AV cables (although other component cables may be purchased separately) and Wii sports. Let’s just hope Nintendo, this time, has inherently packed in this gaming package exciting games for the novice and pros.